- Get excited about joining my first Me-Made challenge: check
- Pledge to wear one handmade or refashioned item everyday during June: check.
- Join the Flickr group: check.
- Add a Me-Made-June button to the sidebar: check.
- Work out what I actually have to wear for 30 days…. ummm…
Yes, you would think I’d have worked this out before signing up for Me-Made-June ’11, but in fact I’ve only just started counting up how many handmade items I have in the wardrobe. A quick trawl through the archive yielded these worrying conclusions:
And one pair of shoes:
That’s it. Considering that I spend 95% of my time wearing trousers (with flat shoes), this is not a good state to be in at this point in May. Somehow I’m sewing for some alternative life where I exclusively wear skirts. Does anyone else have this kind of mismatch between their sewing projects and their day-to-day wardrobe?